Thursday, June 2, 2011

WMZQ Fest

Alright, I am way behind on this post because I am extremely upset that the photos I took at the concert with my cell phone were deleted. It's a long story & I'm not going to go into all that now because it'll just infuriate me...so...on Saturday, May 21st Dan & I went with my friend, Lisa & her husband, Chip, to the WMZQ Fest at Jiffy Lube Live. This is the concert that I was talking about in earlier posts; we were extremely excited because Jason Aldean was the headliner & we love him. Here is a pic of the 2011 logo with the other singers that were there:
We had nice weather for the concert but it was extremely warm. About 3 days before, Lisa & I found out that there was no tailgating at Jiffy Lube Live & that they only allowed alcohol inside the gates. Here is a link to the article that I read on Friday night about the tailgating ban. We were pretty bummed that this was the new rule; of course there were people that were trying to get around it but some didn't succeed because we actually saw them being kicked out.
Once we got into the gates we walked around for a little bit & decided to buy some drinks. We quickly realized that one of the reasons Jiffy Lube banned tailgating was because they wanted everyone to spend more money on buying alcohol there. The prices were insane! Li & I bought frozen margaritas which were $14.50 & Dan bought a can of beer that was $6.50. Ridiculous. After the shock wore off we decided to go to our seats & I was pleasantly surprised when we got there. You know that feeling you get when you're being taken to your seats & in the back of your mind you're saying, "just keep going...one more row...oh yeah, we're still moving" & then when you finally get there you're so excited because of how close you are? Well, that was totally me. When we actually put our stuff down, Li & I started jumping up & down like crazy; super excited at how close we were!
Here are the photos that Li emailed me which were taken with her iPhone: Walking around in the sun sweating our buns off - after we purchased our JA hats!
Li & Chip
Potty break.
In our seats anxiously awaiting JA.
The JaneDear Girls were the first up; they sing that song Wildflower. They were cute & the lead singer, Susie, plays the heck out of the fiddle. She was amazing. The blonde's name is Danielle, so I obviously like her. :o)
Eric Church took the stage next & he was great. I really enjoyed him & he got totally into his songs. He brought out a water gun & was spraying everyone in the front row; before he left the stage he shook up 2 cans of beer & also sprayed them out into the crowd. I didn't take any video with my cell phone but I found a clip of his song Ain't Killed Me Yet on youtube.
Now we are up to the headliner, JASON ALDEAN! I can't say enough how fantastic he was, even Dan loved him. Here's a video that Li took on her iPhone of JA singing Hicktown:


My favorite quotes of the night:

~ Dan: "Babe, you realize you're not actually meeting Jason Aldean." (After I asked him if I looked alright).
~ Li: "I look like a truck driver in this thing."
~ Li: "He's coming out! He's coming out!" (as she's hitting me in the boob).
~ Dan: "You're right babe, he is sexy."
~ Me: "Can we get another butt shot, please?" Li: "Yes, please?!"
~ Dan: "I gotta get me a pair of those pants!"
~ Li: "He waved at me! He waved at me!"
~ Chip: "How come you're sitting down?" Me: "My feet are burning." Chip: "Isn't it tough to be stylish."
~ Me: "Best concert ever."

Dan & I ended the night with a 1:30 a.m. stop at the Wendy's drive-thru. What is it about fast food after you've had some alcohol & inhaling it after midnight in your car? It tastes absolutely fantastic. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails