Monday, May 23, 2011

Alumni Game

On Saturday, May 14 Herndon High School played their alumni game. Thankfully the rain held off & they were able to get a whole game in. The teams were Red & Black, Dan was on the black team. He was excited to play even though he had been having problems with shin splints earlier in the week. He pitched for 4-5 innings & he also hit. In college his head coach would never allow him to hit & any time he would ask if he could, the coach would tell him, "well maybe we can get you in the JV game." Here are some photos I took:

Gettin' ready...
Before the game started I had received a text message from our friend, Ashley; her Mom, Meta, told me to tell Dan to "hit a home run." I did & guess what happened?
He hit a home run! Here he is rounding 3rd base after his hit...I was in such shock that I didn't actually get a photo of him hitting. :o( He sprinted the bases he was so excited. If you ask me, he should've been allowed to hit in college! Dan was 3 for 4 at bat & the Black team kicked the Red teams ass. The final score was 16 to 3 (I think).
Dan did so well & I was so proud of him. Watching him play brought back memories of me cheering him on in college. Oh the good ole days. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails