Saturday, January 14, 2012

Weekend Visitors

On the weekend of December 9th (I told you I was behind on posts!) my Mom & Grandmother came down for a visit. My Grandmother had flown into Pittsburgh on December 6th & was staying at my parents house for 10 days; my Mom came up with the idea of bringing her down to our house for one of the weekends that she was here because my Grandmother had never seen where we live or been to Virginia. I was super excited about these plans & was so thankful that my Mom had came up with them. Dan & I like our road trips up to my parents house, but there's just something about having family come to visit us for a change - we love it.

My Mom & Grandmother arrived at our house late Friday afternoon, so Dan was able to spend some time with them before I got home from work. That Friday was one of the longest days...ever. Why is that when you have something fun planned the day before always drags on? I wish it was the opposite. Anyway, when I walked through the front door our living room was filled with family & I loved coming home to it. I got lots of hugs & kisses, including from Lexi who seemed to be jealous that I wasn't giving her any attention & started digging at my leg to pick her up. The 4 of us chatted for a bit before we left for our dinner reservations at Sweet Water. Dan & I decided that we wanted to take them to a place that they've never been before, just to change it up. Of course, when we pulled in to park my Mom said excitedly, "are we going to Olive Garden?!" (it was right next door to Sweet Water.) If you know my family then you know that they love the Olive Garden. I then had to disappoint her & tell her no. Once we finished dinner, everyone was glad that we chose to eat where we did because our food was great &, of course, the conversation was even better. =]

On Saturday, we decided to head over to the mall & do some much needed shopping. We also took a few photos: Dan, Grandma & Me
3 generations: Grandma, Mom & Me =]
Lover & Me
Saturday night & Sunday morning consisted of lying around the house & catching up on the latest family news.
We all had a great weekend together & Dan & I were pretty sad to see them go, but we're grateful for the time that we got to spend with them while they were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails