Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sink or Swim...

As some of you know, I'm currently training for my first Crossfit competition in April a/k/a the Capital Games. This competition is held at our gym & it's a 2 person team competition consisting of a male/male group, female/female group or male/female group. If you remember my previous post about the Alexandria Capital Games in November [here] you already have an idea of what I'm talking about. My teammate, Jenn, has been doing Crossfit for 5 years now & has competed in many team competitions as well as an individual competition earlier this year. I'm thankful that I have such an experienced teammate who's always encouraging me. I'm also thankful for the coaches that I get to see on an almost daily basis that push me, cheer me on & are always there when I'm in need of correction & my technique goes right out the window - without them this whole Crossfit obsession of mine wouldn't be possible.

After officially signing up for the Games, Jenn & I came up with a team name & are currently designing some tank tops to wear. For those of you on Facebook, you already know what our team name is, but for those of you that don't...drum roll please....we are the Kettlebell Bombshells. =)

Now some of you have shown interest in wanting to be a spectator/cheerleader at the Games in April; for location, start time & further details, click {here}. I have even heard rumors of t-shirts being made to show support - be still my heart. =)

Last but not least, I wanted to say thank you to my friends & family that have been having to hear about Crossfit since I started in October last year. I appreciate you putting up with my constant chatter about WODs, soreness, PRs, war wounds & new eating habits. My obsession has not only consumed my life, but has also spilled over into yours. You don't know how grateful I am to hear your encouraging words, receive your celebratory high-fives & even see your confused faces when I'm trying to explain certain WODs (Lue). Your support has meant so much to me.

Time to work...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails