Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Incorporating Some Paleo

Two months ago my gym started a 60 day Paleo Challenge. If you were interested in competing the requirements were: (1) sign up with a partner, (2) get weighed in, (3) get measured & (4) have a before photo taken. You were then sent on your way. For those that cheat & veer off the Paleo path, your punishment was 50 burpees (every time you cheat). I had discussed possibly doing the challenge with my nutritionist, but after a lengthy discussion with her, we decided against it. Instead, I started incorporating some not-so-strict Paleo meals at home for Dan & I. I wanted to keep the meal plan that my nutritionist set up for me, but also incorporate some new recipes - variety is the spice of life people. =) For those of you that aren't sure what Paleo is, click here for more info.

After surfing the web for recipes, I came across Nom Nom Paleo & fell in love with her website. For the past month, Dan & I have done really well with coming home after a long day & cooking healthy. We haven't had the urge to run to eat out like we had been doing. Since we've been enjoying the recipes so much, I wanted to share some of the ones we've made so far:

 
 
 
 
 *This recipe called for Tuna, but I'm not a big fan so I substituted chicken.
 
 *Don't knock it 'til you try it - they were great right out of the oven.

 
 
Let me know if you decide to try any of the above recipes & if you do, I hope you like them as much as we did. =) 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails