Saturday, January 8, 2011

More Seating, Please

Dan & I have a new addition to our living room, an accent chair! I have been wanting one of these since we bought our living room furniture just before we moved into our townhouse. Unfortunately, our townhouse is pretty small so in order to fit a chair like this in, we had to move some things around. Our first furniture shopping stop was at Ashley Furniture where I found a few chairs that I somewhat liked & could make work in our house but nothing that I just had to have. We then went over to Value City Furniture & just as we were walking out the door, not finding anything that we liked, I spotted this chair: Dan instantly commented, "you like this one?" I gave him a look like you gotta be nuts, yes I love this one! Once I saw the back of the chair it made me love it even more: We had initially wanted a chair with an ottoman because I just love them, but after I saw this chair that idea went right out the window. Before we decided to purchase, Dan & I wanted to take a look at Roomstore's furniture just in case they had something that we liked better; of course they didn't so we went back to Value City & purchased. This past Wednesday was when we picked it up & brought it home. As we were opening the box, Dan had said, "holy crap! This thing grew twice its size!" It looked so much bigger once we got it into the house but, nonetheless, it still fit in its spot. I had been thinking in the back of my mind that we could possibly buy an ottoman if we wanted to but there is no way we have room for it now.

On Thursday night on my way home from work, I called Dan on the house phone & he had answered the phone slightly annoyed. I asked him what was wrong & he said, "nothing I'm just yelling at Winker." I asked him why & he said, "because she keeps getting up on the new chair." I'm not sure why this bothered him because #1 she is a house dog; #2 she never eats any of her food/treats on the furniture; #3 she doesn't shed; #4 she has never chewed furniture; and #5 our couches are still in great shape. When I got home, she greated me at the front door & then jumped up on the chair: She loves it. After dinner we were sitting around watching TV & Dan commented, "Wow babe, that chair really looks good with all of our stuff; I didn't think it would but it does." :o)

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails