Saturday, October 20, 2012

Crossfit

Now that I have a couple weeks under my belt as a member of a CrossFit gym, I thought it would be time to post a review of my experiences, to date. If we’re Facebook friends or talk on a daily basis, you already know that I’m loving it. Alright, obsessed is the more accurate word to use here. Initially I was a little worried about the cost because I’ve never had to pay a monthly gym fee that was this high. It’s a little nerve racking especially if you aren’t sure if you’re really going to love it or really going to hate it. Well I took a leap of faith & my worries have now subsided. I no longer worry about the money; yes, I had to readjust my monthly spending in order to incorporate this into my lifestyle but so far I’m fine with that. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for something you really want. My first week consisted of 3 classes & after every workout I told myself, “OK, that was the hardest thing I’ve ever done.” That was until I showed up the next day & then repeated, “OK, that was the hardest thing I’ve ever done.” I definitely don’t leave the gym feeling defeated; I have my days where I’m frustrated that I took more breaks than usual, but I always leave very proud of what I did & what I've accomplished & I can’t wait to tell someone about it. Dan & my parents are usually the first ones I talk to. I’m sure the people that are closest to me are already getting sick of hearing me go on & on about my workouts, but I haven’t been this excited about something since I made the high school varsity basketball team as a freshman! For the record  everyone, I’m sorry for driving you nuts! I won't go into detail about the workouts that I’ve done, but I do want to say that my favorite one, so far, is the sledge hammer & monster truck tire. I’m sure you can imagine the exercise & yes, it was as much fun as it sounds. =)

Now for a few of my favorite Crossfit videos:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails