Saturday, November 3, 2012

New York City

The weekend of October 5th – 8th was an exciting weekend for me; not only was it a long weekend but me & 3 of my best girlfriends drove to NYC. It was my first time in the big apple & I was thankful for the group of girls that went. We had so much fun together & it was definitely one of the best road trips I’ve taken. We stayed at a hotel in New Jersey to avoid the added cost of staying in the city; we were hoping to spend less on our hotel & more on touristy things once we got into the city – it worked out. Once we left the hotel, we stayed in the city for the rest of the day & didn’t return until after midnight. We didn’t want to have to pay more tolls & parking just to go back to the hotel & change & then drive into the city again. It was a great plan & worked out really well. Our first day in the city was Saturday & we did the hop-on hop-off bus tour; the main place we stopped was Central Park where we walked around & took photos; we also saw a group of hip/hop dancers where we spent about an hour of time being entertained by them. Unfortunately, the videos that I took of them were somehow deleted from my cell phone. What a bummer. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

On Saturday while we were in Times Square, we were approached by a guy selling VIP tickets to a comedy club, Dangerfield's. We had wanted to catch a show or go to a comedy club anyway so we decided to buy the tickets (at a good price) & go that evening. I'm so glad we did; it was hysterical! One of my favorite parts of the trip. Saturday was our good weather day; Sunday was slightly different. We had chilly weather & on & off showers. Sunday was a day that we used mostly for walking & taking in museums. We went to the City of New York Museum & also stopped by the Museum of Sex...that one was interesting. =)

I've put together a slideshow of the photos from our trip...enjoy!

Highlights:

Lue: “G, you haven’t caught on yet but I always have to be right.”
Kateri: (singing) “Be yourself....be yourself....be yourself....” (taken from the movie Just Friends).
G: “This Italian restaurant better have the best food I’ve ever eaten!”
Lue & I: (singing to G in order to calm her down) “Be yourself....be yourself....be yourself....”
G using her cell phone flashlight to get a better look at the photos in the Museum of Sex.
Dancer in Central Park to Lue: “I’m only gay on Wednesdays” (insert wink).
Our night at Dangerfield's Comedy Club
Getting to pet & play with Sisko the labradoodle puppy on Park Avenue.

Thanks for a great trip, ladies! I had a blast & made some great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails