Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Progress Crossfit Videos

Kateri & I usually go to open gym on Sundays to work on our technique & the things that we can't do & things we can't quite do yet, i.e. pull ups, muscle ups, etc. This time I decided to take some videos so we can see where we're at & eventually the progress that we've made for next time.

Before we started Crossfit, Kateri couldn't do one pull-up. She started with a box, then added a band & now she doesn't use either one:


The last time I tried pull-ups was at Gold's with Dan & I was able to do 4. Crossfit accepts strict pull-ups & "kip" pull-ups which are what Kateri & I do. For some reason my pull-ups have completely gone down hill & my form hasn't been good. I started with a band & took it away once I got the kip down a little more - I still need more practice. I wish I could get the kip that Kateri has, mine is more of a knee/foot kick; Kateri's just goes more smoothly:

 
Doubleunders are a common part of our workout in Crossfit. Before last week, Kateri would have to do single jumps but now she's getting the hang of them; she can almost do 2 full doubleunders!

 
Muscle ups are an advanced workout in Crossfit, in fact, gymnasts use muscle ups as a warm up to their actual workout. They. Are. So. Freakin'. Hard. The ones that can do them make it look so easy. I'm doing a jumping muscle up below followed by 2 ring rows. I wasn't able to do ring rows a few weeks ago, I had to do negatives, so those have improved for me.



 
I decided to practice the first part of the muscle up, so this video is just slightly different from the one above.




. . . practice makes perfect!!! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails