Saturday, May 22, 2010

Glory Days

Last Saturday Dan had 2 make up baseball games at the high school due to rain during the week. I ended up not making it to the field until the end of the second game but the main reason I went was to see his alumni game that started at 2. Our friends Meta & Ashley came to the field to watch for a little bit also & it was nice to see them. Dan was excited about playing & I was excited to watch him play. I remember going to every one of his home baseball games as well as several away games depending on the travel time in college. I loved wearing my Waynesburg Baseball gear & cheering him on. Dan pitched for several innings & did a great job, he also got to hit which in college he was never able to do. He did very well & actually got a hit every time he went up to bat. After they subbed in a new pitcher, he was moved to short stop. Here are a few photos I took:


All the alumni:
Dan's team made it to the District Finals but ended up losing their first game this week & since its single elimination, their season is officially over. I can tell losing is bittersweet for him because on one hand he loves being at the field with the team & on the other hand he's just worn out & exhausted. It'll be nice to have him home on a regular basis until football conditioning starts. I'm very excited about that. We ended up having great weather on Saturday, unforunately, I got a terrible sunburn on my knees/thighs. It was so hard to sleep that night but thankfully its completely gone now & I am back to my pasty white skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails