Monday, May 17, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

It has been a while since the last time I posted, I apologize. It has been very busy at our house lately so I have some catching up to you.

So first, on Saturday my sister-in-law, Kristen, brought our nephew JT down for the day so we could go register for her baby shower in June. Dan was able to come with us & keep JT entertained while we scanned the things she needed. Our first stop was Babies 'R' Us & we didn't see Dan or JT the entire time we were there; they were too busy running around the store & playing with their toys. :o) Our second stop was Red Robin for lunch, yumm. I was craving their whiskey river chicken wrap & it was amazing. Our third stop was Target & here are two of the cutest pictures of the day: (Walking in to Target)
(Having so much fun with Uncle Dan)
Our trip to Target was cut short due to their registry scanners not working & JT having a huge accident & needed be changed immediately. We ended up dropping Dan & JT off at our house so they could walk over to the tot lot & then Kristen & I hit up another Target to finish her registry. By the time we got home Dan was sprawled out on the couch & JT was running around the living room. They had an eventful day at the little playground where JT was more excited about stepping on ants than actually playing on the swings/slide. After Kristen & JT left to go back home, Dan & I stayed in the rest of the night & watched the Pens game.

Sunday was Mother's Day & this year instead of going to the mall & trying to find a gift that we thought our Moms would like, we decided to make our own. I got the idea after reading a few blogs that had some really cute ideas. So here's what we did. The weekend before Mother's Day Dan & I got a little dressed up & took some photos around our neighborhood. I had made signs for us to hold in the photos, i.e. "Happy Mother's Day, May 2010". Here is the first photo: (Our sweet neighbor, Laura, was nice enough to take this for us)
We then walked around the neighborhood to find different places to take our individual pictures while holding our signs. Here is where Dan chose: (He's so handsome, what a great picture, huh?)

Here is mine:
And of course, Lexi's: (This is the sweetest picture, ever)
The photos turned out great but it was the HOTTEST day that week & we were sweating & completely miserable the entire time we were walking around. We were so happy when we stepped into our air conditioned house only to find this: I was so bummed because that was my favorite clock in the entire house, Dan's Mom had bought it for us as a house warming gift. I'm hoping I can find one that is exactly the same or very similar. :o(

So anyway, on Mother's Day I called my Mom that morning to find out that she had already opened her gift from us & absolutely loved it; I knew she would. She told me that it was the best gift we had ever given her & she couldn't stop crying when she opened it. Here is a photo that my Dad took of her: (She's so cute & the frames turned out great).
We drove up to WV that afternoon to spend Mother's Day with Dan's family. It was great to see everyone. I wasn't able to take a photo of Dan's Mom after she opened her frame but she liked hers too; they were both slightly different. To sum it up, our gifts were a hit! :o)

I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about the clock!
    The frames turned out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails