Sunday, August 29, 2010

Food, Friends & Fun

On Saturday Dan & I drove to Ellicott City, Maryland to meet my girlfriend Nikki & her boyfriend, Dale. They live in Kent Island & we tried to find a place to meet somewhere inbetween. Dan & I had never been but apparently Nikki use to go there quite a bit back in the day. We decided on La Palapa, a mexican restaurant. :o) When we arrived, Dan said it reminded him of Colorado. We met around 5:00 p.m. & got to catch up for several hours while drinking margaritas & eating some great food. Here are the photos I took: Dan wasn't very happy about the traffic on the way there.
The guys - D & D.
Nik & Me.


Once the dinner crowd arrived, they had a mariachi duo walk around & play for everyone. The guy on the right had a scraggly tooth that stuck out & he kept making this "weeeeeee" sound which cracked Dan up every single time. It was pretty funny.
Around 8:00 p.m. we decided to walk around & take a look at the shops. Since it is a small town, most of the shops closed around 6:00 p.m. but there were a few still open until 9:00 p.m. (it really reminded me of Waynesburg.) The roads were brick & all the old houses on Main Street were converted into shops.
I loved this cafe that we came across - we didn't go in but it was pretty cool: Our last stop of the night was a shop that had some pretty crazy merchandise. When we walked in, Dan said, "this reminds me of the show Hoarders!" I don't think anyone would actually buy anything in there but it was fun trying on some of their crazy things: While we were looking at some Alice & Wonderland stuff, Dale came up behind us wearing this hat like it was completely normal & no big deal: I almost peed my pants when I saw him & had to take a picture.
Dan's hat choice (Bah Humbug): My hat choice (Tinkerbell): I wasn't quick enough to get a photo of Nik's hat choice, which was a very ugly looking fish. :o(
We had a great time catching up & meeting Dale. Dan & I really liked him & we even talked about going back there for the Fall Festival in September. Hopefully we'll be able to do that. Thanks guys for a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails