Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Birthday Weekend

Well, I am officially 28 years old & I'm feelin' great! Like I tell Dan every year on his birthday, "you're only as old as you feel" & right now I feel like I'm in my teens so life is good. :o)

I had a wonderful time this weekend & Dan & I even started celebrating a little early; on Thursday night we went to Red Robin for dinner because neither of us wanted to cook. Friday night we went to Outback for dinner because his Dad gave him a gift card for one of his birthday presents in Barbados so, of course, it was burning a hole in our pocket. While we were there Dan ran into one of his old high school friends that he played baseball with & he ended up being our server. I had ordered a frozen margarita while Dan got a tall Miller Lite & of course, he hooked me up with so much liquor that I could barely drink it. It was probably the strongest drink I have ever had. I ended up finishing it though because mixed with the food, I got use to the taste. On Saturday I cleaned while Dan was at football practice. Around 3:00 p.m. I got a text message from my friend/neighbor, Laura, asking me if I was free because she had something to give me. I went outside to chain Lexi up in the front yard & I turn around to see Laura & Audrey holding a birthday cake, birthday card & a picture singing Happy Birthday. :o) Audrey colored me a picture out of one of her books that had balloons on it that said "Happy Birthday" which was so sweet. Here is the cake that they gave me: And it was sooo good - chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting. Like I sing to Dan all the time, "yummy, yummy, yummy I got love in my tummy & I feel like loving you..." That was so sweet of them to take time out of their busy day & bake me a cake. I absolutely loved it.
For dinner on Saturday I put together a small group of friends & we met at Don Pablo's for margaritas & mexican food. Our small party consisted of Dan & I, Sandra & Santiago & Laura & Evan. It was so much fun! Laura & Evan had to leave around 8:30 p.m. to relieve their babysitter for the night so we weren't able to take any photos of all of us together but before we went home Sandra & I pulled out our cameras to get some shots: S & S.
I was having some problems with my camera so Dan tried to fix it & ended up taking this pic:
I think my arms look huge (as in fat) in this pic but Dan looks good.
The girls!
They are so cute. :o)
And so are we. :o)
I'm sure everyone around us was getting annoyed with the camera flashes from taking so many pictures, but we were all buzzed so we really didn't care what they thought. I'm so bummed that I wasn't able to get any photos of Laura & Evan at dinner, so I went over to their blog & "borrowed" one of their photos: Laura & Evan with their kiddos, A & F. :o)

By the time Sunday rolled around for my actual birthday, I was completely exhausted & felt like doing absolutely nothing. I did open my birthday gift from my family & Dan though. My family got me several pieces of workout clothes which I was in dire need of & Dan got me 3 movies (In Her Shoes, My Cousin Vinny & Love Potion #9) & at least 15 tubes of lip gloss (I love lip gloss). We layed around all morning & watched movies & then at 3:00 p.m. we decided to go over to DSW & pick me up some birthday shoes which was the second part of my gift from Dan. :o) Here's what I chose: They are by Audrey Brooke & they are so comfortable. While Dan & I were looking around I asked him to keep his eyes peeled for a "nude pair of sandals" & his response was, "babe, I don't know what that means." :o)
While we were there I tried on several pairs of winter boots while Dan complained that he now has to be tortured through the winter with shoe purchases by me. There are some cute ones out there this season!

Now its time to thank everyone for my gifts: The Cline's ~ Thank you for my awesome Guess wallet, I LOVE it:
The Browstein's ~ Thank you for the adorable cake, card & picture!
S & S ~ Thank you for the Twilight birthday card & my cute eye makeup!
Suzanne (co-worker) ~ Thank you for my Sephora gift card, I plan on using it towards my new Chanel perfume.
Don & Vicki ~ Thank you for my beautiful necklace!
Mom, Dad & Ben: Thanks for my workout clothes - I totally needed them & they will be put to good use.
Lover ~ I love my movies & of course my shoes; thanks for a great 28th birthday. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a fun weekend! Here's to 28! May it be a wonderfully, blessed year for you!
    28 was a fabulous year for me-it was the year I got pregnant with Miss A!
    Oh and you are very welcome for the cake. We had fun making it! Thanks for inviting us out to dinner too. E and I kept talking about how much fun we had!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails