Monday, August 9, 2010

5 Years. . .

On July 28th, Dan & I celebrated our 5 year anniversary; we actually got married on July 29th but since Dan was going to be in PA the day of our anniversary we celebrated a day earlier. After work I picked him up & we went to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack in Fairfax. Yes, we could've gone to our standard Don Pablo's dinner but we wanted to go somewhere that we have not been in a while & we were both craving seafood, so Joe's it was. We both ordered an alcoholic beverage & munched on our appetizer as we opened our presents. We usually don't give each other gifts on our anniversary but this year we decided, 2 days earlier, that we would. Dan opened his first & I got him a new light blue golf shirt with white stripes & a matching white belt that he has been looking for all summer. He wanted one for when he plays golf but could never find one that he really liked & I was able to find a nice one by Nike at Dick's. Next it was my turn to open my gifts. Dan got me the open hearts collection bracelet & matching ring:
He's got great taste, huh? Right now you are probably thinking, "geez Danielle he got you such a nice gift & all you got him was a golf shirt & a belt?" Yep. He does this to me every year. I get him something practical & affordable & he goes & buys me something over the top. He's very sweet & I absolutely love my gifts but I did feel bad after the fact.
So after dinner we practically had to wheel ourselves out to the parking lot because we were so stuffed from our food but before we got into the car we took our traditional anniversary photos of the two of us:

So after our several photos I went to step into the car with my stiletto heels on & completely misjudged it & fell with my body half way in the car & half way out of the car - I had a little too many margaritas (which only equals 1 & 1/2) so Dan had to drive instead of me; we cruised home with the top down. :o)
Thanks to everyone that wished us a Happy Anniversary & a special thanks goes out to our neighbors, The Brownstein's, for their homemade anniversary card with special scribbles from my favorite little Audrey. :o)

To the love of my life, you are my best friend, my partner in crime, my shoulder to cry on & my personal comedian. I don't know what I would do without you. You make me happy every day & I'm so thankful that I get to spend my life with you. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us & as long as you're by my side I know it'll be an incredible ride. I love you always & forever.

1 comment:

  1. She enjoyed putting the stickers on and coloring for you! Happy 5th Anniversary!!! Love the gifts Dan got you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails