Friday, October 29, 2010

Columbus Day Weekend

Yes, I am behind on posting this because so many other things came up & I just completely forgot about it but better late than never, right?

So on Saturday, October 9th, Dan, Lexi & I drove up to PA for the long weekend. Since the weather was beautiful that day, we decided to take the top down for the trip because we take the back roads instead of driving continuously on Rt. 70. Lexi was riding on my lap with her big pink bed because she gets so car sick riding in the back on long trips. We had a wonderful time enjoying the nice weather, continuous breeze & Lexi was loving every minute of it. We even had people drive up right beside us to wave & laugh at Lexi because lets face it, she is just too cute. :o)
One we got up to PA, it was pure business because my Dad was having the Waynesburg University Baseball Golf Tournament on Sunday, which Dan was getting to play in. They had put together a ton of raffle gifts, long putt, long drive, etc. prizes. My Mom was the one that was responsible for wrapping & getting everything together, not including the food that she had to make for the event. Golf tournament time is a very stressful time at my parent’s house. Lots & lots of work go into it, but every year it turns out great & the alumni/golfers have such a great time, Dan included. So the night before I was helping Mom with the food, cutting potatoes, tomatoes, onions, pickles, olives, etc. She had made the potato & pasta salads & then we had hamburgers & hot dogs. Ben & I were able to have some one on one time while my Mom, Dad & Dan went to the golf course early to set up. We didn’t get out there until around 11:30 a.m. & I’m even surprised that we made it there that early because the directions that my Dad had given me were terrible & there was a good 25 minutes where Ben & I drove around trying to find the damn golf course. Since I am horrible with directions to begin with, I knew we would have problems; I was not a happy camper when we finally pulled into the parking lot...very frustrating.
One thing that I was very impressed by was the fact that my brother came up with the logo for the t-shirts & baseball hats that were passed out/sold. He did a great job. So after several hours at the golf tournament, we drove home around 4:00 p.m. & we were exhausted. We ordered pizza that night because no one wanted to eat leftovers & Mom definitely didn’t want to cook.
On Monday around lunchtime, Dan & I decided to head home so we could stop at a farmer’s market that I have been wanting to go to every time we drive up to PA. We also still had to go to the grocery store to get food for the week so it was going to be a long day. The weather was still beautiful on our drive back home so we left the top down. We arrived at the farmer’s market & checked out the things that they had, fresh baked pies, candies, breads, fruits, vegetables, etc. They also had a great selection of pumpkins but they were extremely over priced so Dan & I didn’t purchase ours that day; we decided to wait until we got back home. Here are some photos that I took:


I just had to get Lexi's picture in this little spot. :o)
Our trip up to PA was nice & busy. I really enjoyed spending time with my family & getting to see the alumni. Dan enjoyed golfing with some of his buddies & getting to see the guys that he played baseball with. We also won several items from the raffle, an under armor fleece for Dan, a toboggan, & 2 WU baseball hats. The tournament was a big hit, they had 100 golfers & at the end of the day, the team raised approximately $8,000. Thanks to everyone for coming out & supporting WU Baseball!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails