Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cupcakes!

On Saturday, June 11th my friend Lisa & I met at the Dulles Town Center for our cupcake class at Cookology. Lisa had
initially brought the idea to me because she had been wanting to take it but her husband, Chip, was not too thrilled about it. Instead of having the spouses go, we decided to have a girls day. Yay! We met at the DTC at Noon so we could grab lunch beforehand; we ate at Vapiano, which I have eaten at before with my Mom, but Lisa had never been; they have great italian food & everything is cooked fresh, right in front of you. After lunch we made our way to class. Here is a photo of us anxiously awaiting class to start:
We made the following cupcakes:

1. Lemon cupcake with cream cheese frosting;
2. Vanilla cupcake with mocha/coffee frosting; and
3. Raspberry cupcake with chocolate ganache.

After looking around at the other people in the class, Li & I realized that our cupcakes were the best ones. What do you think?
YUMMY!

Before I went to class Dan told me to make sure that I brought some cupcakes home so we could have them for dessert that night, he didn't want to me to eat all of them - I did have a raspberry one & it was terrific. :o) When I finally got home & showed him our masterpieces he said, "what the hell?! That's it?" Apparently he thought they were going to be huge cupcakes, not normal size cupcakes. After he dissed them for a while, he finally had one & realized that they were the perfect size & tasted great. *Sigh*

Cookology does offer a cupcake decorating class which Li & I found out about while we were taking this one; we both want to go back & take it, so hopefully we'll get to some time this summer.

Great job on our baking skills, Li - we get a pat on the back. Go Team DownLow! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails