Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Quick Trip To PA

On Sunday morning, July 3rd, Dan & I drove up to PA to visit my family. We had planned to drive up on Friday when I got off work, but after receiving some sad news earlier in the week, we needed to stay in VA for part of the weekend.

As we were packing Dan’s truck I had to find a spot to put Lexi’s new car seat & since she gets car sick I couldn’t put it in the back, which only left one other place...in the front seat. After hooking it in I realized what Dan had been complaining about when we first got it – it was huge. There was just enough room for Dan & me to sit on either side of her & in order for me to have both of my arms down at my sides I had to turn slightly diagonal in the seat...for...4...hours. As you can see below, Lexi is quite comfortable: Other than that our drive up wasn’t too bad, we didn’t hit any traffic which was so nice. After we arrived at my parents’ house, we made plans to go to one of our favorite Mexican restaurants in Washington, PA called Old Mexico. My tacos were fantastic! By the way I’ve been on this beef kick lately & I just can’t get over it. Anyway, when we got home Mom & I got everything ready for us to make s’mores! Now a few weeks ago I had mentioned to Dan that it would be fun for us to make s’mores one night after dinner; he made the comment, “what are we 5?” and my idea was kicked to the curb. :o( Thankfully, my Dad & I have a major sweet tooth so my idea of making them was a big hit. Since we didn’t have a fire pit or fireplace, we made ours on my parents’ grill (Greene County style): Brother
Mom & Me. She said, "sis take our picture like you do." =]
Mom & Dad making their s'mores.
Brother & Sister
Yummy deliciousness!
Dad & Me

For the 4th we had a very relaxing day. My Dad & Dan went golfing that morning & Mom & I laid out in the back yard just a chit chatting away. We had an early dinner because Dan & I had to drive back to VA, but the food my Mom made was great. Any time Dan comes up she makes her famous potato salad, but this time she made her ranch potatoes & they were so freakin’ good. I’ll admit that I had 4 servings of them, but it was a holiday weekend so my indulgence was warranted. This year we didn’t get to see any fireworks, but we were glad that we got to see my family even if it was for a short time.

Happy belated 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails