Thursday, July 7, 2011

New Purchase & Maryland

As I stated previously, Lexi’s car seat broke one day while we were running errands & after some research on which one to purchase, I finally pulled the trigger & bought one.Here is the online photo of it: I decided to go with the same brand name of her last one (Solve It) because I liked her old one so much. This car seat holds up to 25 lbs. & sits on the seat rather than strapping it to the headrest & hooking it around the back; Dan & I were never able to put Lexi’s old car seat in the back due to those 2 reasons. I decided to get a larger one that she could actually lie down comfortably in but still have it high enough that she is able to see out the window. While I was putting this massive thing together, Dan kept commenting that it was way too big & that I would never get it in the back of Phoebe; he said we should return it several times. After putting it together, I was able to fit it in the back seat so we decided to test it out & take Lexi for a drive. I don’t think she enjoys sitting in the back of the car because she’s so use to sitting in the front seat, but I think she’ll eventually get use to it. We’ve never been able to put her in the back seat during our drives to WV or PA because we take a lot of back, windy roads & she gets car sick...just like me. I'll post a photo of Lexi the next time we take a drive.

On June 25th Dan & I drove to Bethesda, MD to meet up with our friend, Ashley. She had just returned from a trip to Spain & we hadn’t seen her in a few months. Us on our way.
We met at her apartment & decided to go to Uncle Julio’s for dinner (no shock there – Mexican food). :o) It was such a nice day that we decided to sit outside on the patio: Ash & I.
He was thrilled to get his picture taken.
I really don't mind. :o)
Several drinks & several plates of great food later, we dropped Ash off at the Metro so she could meet up with one of her girlfriends & Dan & I made our way back home. It was great catching up with her & it was nice to get out of Northern Virginia for the evening, even if we went to one of our regular restaurants. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails