Monday, August 1, 2011

New Find!

I was at Target last month picking up a prescription & while I was waiting I decided to peruse the cosmetic isle, like always, & I came across the new Salon Effects by Sally Hansen. I had seen them advertized on TV & also in People magazine but had never seen them up close & personal...I had really been wanting to try them. Target's selection was limited & there were only 3 options: (1) hot pink; (2) fluorescent yellow, which I really want to try but not sure I can pull it off; & (3) “Misbehaved” which is a trendy pattern. I decided to go with #3 because I’ve never really worn gold polish on my nails & I was in the mood for something different, plus the pattern was super cute. This is the one I chose.

Now I don’t know how you all are after you buy something new, but I cannot wait to try it as soon as I get home; if I buy clothing/shoes I immediately want to wear them the next day or maybe even the same day. So as soon as I got home I started the process....10 minutes later my nails were all done! I didn’t have to hassle with multiple coats & then sit & wait for them to dry while worry about messing them up. The only thing that I was skeptical about was how long they were suppose to last – the instructions said up to 10 days, but since I work in an office setting & type for approximately 8 hours a day/5 days a week, I decided to cut that time in half to be more realistic. Well.....I applied the polish on a Thursday & had a weekend of yard work as well as 5 days of typing & the polish didn’t start to chip until the following Wednesday, equaling 7 days of nicely painted nails.
As I was looking on Sally Hansen's website, I came across a site called All Lacquered Up that wrote a review of Salon Effects - feel free to check it out.

I highly recommend this product & for those of you that don’t type or do yard work for a living I’m sure yours will last a lot longer. A quick tip for you: be sure to seal your remaining strips in a baggie when you store them - they are just like regular nail polish & can dry out pretty quickly...I learned my lesson the hard way. If you decide to try them, let me know what you think! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails