Thursday, August 25, 2011

Vacation: Day 3

By the time our third day of vacation rolled around, we were pretty tired from all the heat - it was one of the hottest weeks that we had this summer. We decided to add in some home improvement projects while we were enjoying our wonderfully air conditioned townhouse. For the past several months I've been wanting to paint another accent wall on our second floor & we already had the paint that I wanted to use, it was just finding the time to do it. As soon as I mentioned paint, Dan chimed in that he wanted to paint his man room. I asked him what color he had in mind & he said, "whatever color you pick." I thought that was super sweet of him to say & it instantly made me smile. A few days later when I reminded him of what he said he didn't remember saying it exactly like that - it's funny how that changes isn't it? So we decided to go to Lowe's & see if we could find a color that he liked. We ended up purchasing a blue/gray color called "Man Cave." I really think it was the name that sold him on choosing this color, but I do really like what he picked & I thought it would look great once it was finished. When we got home Dan dropped me off at the house while he ran to the store to pick up groceries for our dinner that evening - we decided to have a crab/shrimp feast. Yummy!! While he was out shopping, I decided to get a head start on taping off the edges of the hallway to his man room...ugh, what a huge pain in the ass. My anal retentiveness was in full gear.
After I had finished the taping & Dan hadn't got home yet, I decided to go ahead & start painting. Here's a before photo: It was very plain & we also didn't have anything hanging on the walls so it was in need of some love.
Coat #1
I had decided during my taping off time that I would leave the ceiling around the light fixture white because the color was so dark that I didn't want it to take away from the actual lighting - it worked out well.

Our little Lexi's spot during our labor of love.
The after photos:
All of his action shots.
It was my idea to hang all of his hats -believe it or not we have more to hang - I'm just glad they're out of our coat closet. It looks cool, huh? We're planning on painting his actual man room a lighter shade of gray - once it's all done I think it'll look really good.
After our long, long, long day of painting, it felt like it took forever, we were starving & so excited for our feast. Here are the photos we took: Shrimp!
Crab legs!
Ready to eat.
Who needs shell crackers when you can use needle nose pliers. ;o)
At one point during our feast I had to tell Dan to "strap the feed bag on & man up" because he was saying that he couldn't eat another bite. After we were all finished, we had no leftovers & we ate 4 lbs. of crab legs & 1 lb. of shrimp. Yes, we were pigs that evening but it was the best dinner I have ever had.

And now to end this post with my favorite picture from that day: I love her. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails