Monday, April 2, 2012

Chit Chat

The other night Dan came home to me sitting on the couch icing my ankle. He asked me what happened & I told him that I had tweaked my ankle at work. He said, "Babe, what shoes were you wearing? Don't tell me they were high heels." I gave him a look like that's a stupid question & held up the pair that I had worn that day: Leopard peep toe pumps by BCBG Paris.

He instantly raised his voice & said, "If you can't walk right in those things things I'm going to burn every single pair that's in your closet, that way you won't be able to hurt yourself anymore. I don't understand why you wear those things anyway."

By this time I started to get defensive because I can't just let him diss my shoes like that. I begin to recite all of my reasoning why women wear heels, holding up each one of my fingers while I run them off:

1. They make our butt look smaller;
2. They make our legs look more muscular;
3. They add extra height for those of us that are short;
4. They make our legs look longer;
5. They add confidence;
6. They're pretty;
7. They allow us to be creative;
8. We can show off our personal style;
9. They make us feel powerful; and
10. They make us feel sexy.

During this list I was getting the blank, wide-eyed stare from him - almost to say "shoes do all of that???"

That should keep him quiet for a while. =)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails