Monday, September 3, 2012

Red Lights

Dan has always told me that I have a “black thumb” when it comes to traffic lights. My luck didn't seem so bad in PA when we were in college but since we moved down to VA with quadruple the traffic & a gazillion traffic lights, it can get quite annoying. Whenever we’re in the car together, we hit probably every red light there is in-between our destination. If by chance we do catch a green light Dan gets pretty excited & sometimes when we get 2 in a row we both look at each other in amazement like “Did that really just happen?” Now you may think that I’m over exaggerating, but this is the truth. Since Dan isn’t the most patient driver on the road, this totally gets under his skin; he swears that he never hits as many red lights when he’s driving by himself. Yeah, yeah.

Well I can now say that I’m no longer bothered by the obscene amount of red lights that I'm stopped at on a daily basis & I owe this revelation to my brother. During Ben’s memorial service we played a song by Jonny Lang titled “Red Light” which, like all of the music on that day, he wanted played.


Jonny Lang is one of my brother's favorite musicians & I really do love his voice. I'm thankful that Ben introduced this music to me because this song now holds a special place in my heart. Now I’m sure I’ll still have those moments when I’m in a hurry & I’ll get frustrated by a traffic light but for the most part I honestly enjoy them now. I use that time to think about Ben, his sweet smile & reflect on all of the good times we had together. Sister loves you brother...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails