Tuesday, September 11, 2012

60 Days of Insanity - Check!

My last day of Insanity was on Sunday (9/9). I can now say that I survived the Insanity workout. I’ve also submitted the necessary form & photos to receive my free Insanity t-shirt! Just like the back of the t-shirt says, “I earned it.”

On August 6th, I started my last 30 days of Insanity which is a totally different set of DVDs. Needless to say, they are extremely harder than the first 30 days, but I guess that was to be expected. Now I understand why it’s called Insanity – those DVDs pushed me to a whole other workout level & after doing P90X, I didn’t even think that was possible. Throughout the 60 days, I was mostly excited to do the workouts. I had a few days where I just didn’t feel like working out but I forced myself to do it & afterward I felt better having done it. The calendar that I used to track my workouts showed that I missed 4 days due to sickness; I made up 3 of those days with my off days (Sundays) so there’s only 1 DVD that I didn’t actually do. I think that’s pretty good, if you ask me. I was also very thankful to have been able use the high school weight room for most of my work outs & being able to do the DVDs with Dan for the first 3-4 weeks & then with Kateri 3 to 4 days a week thereafter. As I’ve said before, working out with a buddy is so much more fun. Throughout our Insanity workouts (& when I say “our” I mean me, Dan & Kateri) we would take some goofy pictures in the weight room relishing in our post-workout glow. :P For those of you that aren’t on Facebook, here are the photos that were taken:

 
Kateri & I flexing our muscles.


 
I wanted to take a pick of Dan on my back & he wanted to take one of me on his shoulders - so, we did both...
 
 
As much as I don’t want to show you my before photos, it appears there’s no way around it; if I don’t post them you won’t have anything to compare my after photos to. Since I’m happy with my results I’m going to take a deep breath, bite my tongue & post them:


Now for some flexing photos:

 
My favorite results photo. =)

 
Dan said, "Give me some Hulk Hogan."
 
Now that I’ve completed an “extreme workout program,” I’m taking this week slow. I’ve decided to take Monday & Friday off & plan to run outside & hit the gym the rest of the week. I’m also super excited about going to the Body Combat class at Gold’s with Kateri on Saturday morning – it’s my favorite class there. Kateri & I have also talked about starting P90X this month. I really wanted to try P90X2 but, apparently, all of the reviews that I’ve read tell readers that #2 is not a program that you can just pick up like #1 is. They highly recommend completing #1 & then following it up with #2. I’ve done P90X before & I did enjoy it – especially Tony Horton’s comical personality. I’m going to bite the bullet & do what the reviews are telling me; besides, what else do I have to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails