Saturday, September 8, 2012

Yep, I'm 30!

My 30th birthday was on Wednesday, August 15th & unlike some people, I usually work on my
birthday. I’m glad that I did because I had a great day – I was spoiled with flower deliveries, gifts from my co-workers, cake & ice cream & a nice dinner with Dan at Clyde’s in Ashburn followed by Sweet Frog. =) As you can see, I was feeling a lot of love that day:

 
I hardly had any room to do my actual work. ;o)



I also walked into my office to find this Happy Birthday banner. =)

I always get excited about my birthday & since it was a milestone birthday I had hinted to Dan several months in advance that I’d like to have a party. He had tried to make it a surprise party like
I did for his 30th birthday last year, but that didn’t quite pan out. I think he was just overwhelmed by
everything; he also had football camp that started that same week so needless to say he was stretched a little thin. The party was on Saturday, August 18th at our house. I have to admit that when I heard it was being held at our house I started to get a little nervous; I’ve never thought of our place as a fun  hang out spot: (1) it’s quite small; (2) we don’t have a large, fully functioning backyard for everyone to hang out in; and (3) Did I mention it was small?

On the day of the party I was pretty excited, not only were we having a party with all of my favorite people but I had to take a skirt back to H&M that I had bought a few weeks before because it was too big. Woo hoo!! Love that feeling. :D

Dan & I did a little decorating before everyone arrived at the house:

 
Our living room.

 
Our dining room with the yummy food.

 
The photo that Dan took of himself - as you can see he was pretty excited!
 
Dan also scheduled everything for Uncle Julio’s to cater the party. The food was amazing & I’m so glad he picked that restaurant; the girls & I frequent there for happy hours which always turn into dinner plans. One of my favorite places....yes, I like it better than Don Pablo’s.

I didn’t take a lot of photos at the party & now I wish I had; I always regret it later. Here are a few photos that were taken:
 
 
A few of our guests. =)

 
Li & Me hanging out on the deck.

 
2 of my favs (Li & Lue).

 
Ice cream cake!

 
Yes, Dan was in charge of taking pictures during the cake - this is why I never make him in charge of photos...

 
Yes, that's my ass - nice job, babe.


Thank you to everyone that came out to celebrate with me. I had a wonderful time. A special thank you goes out to the Hubster for planning everything & picking up on my not so subtle hints at wanting a party in the first place. I love you, soul mate.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails