Monday, July 27, 2009

Road Trip

Our trip to PA & Ohio was a lot of fun. We got to spend time with my family on Friday night. I was feeling generous so I gave my Dad & my Mom pedicures. What a great daughter, huh? :o) My Mom said I did such a good job because I actually did everything that Jason, her manicurist does when she goes to his shop. I've always loved painting my nails, it's so relaxing for me. My Dad was a little hesitant at first but I talked him into letting me do it. His feet were in awful shape; they definitely needed it.

Saturday morning Dan & I got up early & worked out. We decided that we should just get ready at my parents house instead of driving all the way to the hotel & then to the church. My Mom asked if she could fix my hair for the wedding so she gave me a french twist. She did such a good job. She's always been great at that kind of thing. Up until I got married & moved to Virginia, my Mom was the one that always highlighted my hair. She was the only one I trusted to do it.

Matt & Liz's wedding was so nice. Unfortunately, it rained most of the day on & off but I hear that if it rains on your wedding day it's good luck. The ceremony was wonderful. My favorite part was when we were given little cups full of white rose petals to throw on the bride & groom as they walked down the aisle after being announced as Mr. & Mrs. Matthew Cross. I have never been to a wedding where someone has done that & I thought it was such a cute touch.

The reception was at Oglebay. I had been there once when I was little to see the Christmas light show but you stay in your car & drive around the resort instead of getting out. So this time we got to walk around the place & it was so enormous that they gave us maps to find our way. Even though we had a map we still got lost every time we left our room. Oglebay is really beautiful though; great for a wedding. At 6:00pm they had cocktails out on the lawn over looking the golf course & the rain held out for most of it but towards the end it started to come down pretty hard so everyone moved inside the auditorium for the reception. The auditorium was decorated beautifully. We sat at a table with the Woodson football coaches & everyone was so nice. We spent the entire time talking about sports; of course that was a plus for Dan. The reception lasted until 10:30pm & then we were asked to go outside to say goodbye to the bride & groom. As we exited the auditorium we were handed sparklers to light & hold over the bride & groom as they left to go up to their room. I loved that also. That was another thing I have never seen at a wedding.

Sunday morning Dan & I got up early, ate breakfast & drove back to my parents house to pick up Lexi. The road trip up to PA & the ride back home wasn't so great because I got car sick. Unfortunately, Lexi got car sick as well & ended up throwing up in her car seat so we had to pull off the road so I could clean everything up & get her situated on her bed in the back seat. Poor thing, she didn't look so good. Finally we made it back to our house around 5:00pm. It was a tiring weekend but a fun one. I put together a slide show of our trip below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails