Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Today is Dan & I's 4 year anniversary! I can't believe its been 4 years already. For those of you that are from Waynesburg, you know that today is also Rain Day; my Dad called me this morning to tell me that it was raining so that's good news. For those of you that are not familiar with Rain Day it is a celebration that they have every year on July 29th that has been going on since forever. They started the celebration when someone realized that every day on July 29th it rains. They shut down Main Street & have booths with food, drinks & crafts that you can buy; they also have live music. For such a small town it is a huge deal. When we announced that we were getting married on July 29th everyone said, "you're getting married on Rain Day? That's like a holiday!" Haha.
Anyway, back to Dan & I. We met at Waynesburg College our freshman year at matriculation. My Dad was his baseball coach & introduced us; after we met I gave my Dad a look like, "wow, he's good looking". Of course my Dad responded with a "don't even think about it". Little did I know Dan was telling all of his friends that he was going to marry me one day. Of course his friends told him no way, you don't have a shot with Coach Hum's daughter. After 3 years of dating, Dan proposed and we were married 4 years ago today at the Presbyterian Church across the street from our house. What a great day that was. I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else. He's my best friend, my shoulder to cry on, the one that can always make me laugh when I'm feeling down & the best husband I could ever ask for. To the love of my life, thank you for a great 4 years & looking forward to many more to come. I love you always & forever.



1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!!! Can't believe it's been 4 years since your fabulous Rain Day wedding! It was a beautiful ceremony and SO MUCH FUN! It's nice to look at the pictures again.Have a wonderful day with each other.
    Love you guys
    Meta

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails