Monday, July 20, 2009

Sunny Weekend

This weekend we had great weather & just relaxed around the house. On Friday night our friends Meta & Ashley stopped by for a quick visit & Saturday Lex & I stayed outside for most of the day; she didn't want to come in because the weather was so nice. We mostly hung out on the deck & she watched the neighbor kids play outside.We did make a trip to the dog park for about an hour. We hadn't been there for about a year because the last time we went Lexi got peed on which of course was good timing because I had just taken her to the groomers the day before. :o( She did pretty well this time after she warmed up to the other dogs that were there.

Saturday night Dan went to the Nationals game with a few of his buddies; the Nats were playing the Cubs. They had great club seats but after the game started they got hooked up by a friend with seats behind home plate so of course Dan was excited.

Sunday was another relaxing day besides working in the yard. I took over the responsibility of mowing our back yard because Dan is always busy working on the high school fields & getting them ready for games. I've only cut our yard about 4 times now but I really like it. Is that weird? Our back yard is very small so it doesn't take long to cut. Our neighbor cuts our front yard; I don't think I'm experienced enough yet to cut the front which is the part that everyone sees so we'll leave that to our neighbor. Thanks Evan! The first time I tried to mow I had to call my Dad & have him talk me through starting the mower, I had no idea how to do it. Below is a photo I took after mowing yesterday.I hope everyone had a great weekend also!

2 comments:

  1. The backyard looks great! Way to go! I think I have only mowed a small strip of grass once in my life and it was when I was in high school. You are more advanced that I am! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails