Sunday, April 18, 2010

Blonde Moment

On Friday after work I came home with the intentions of going to Dan's baseball game that started at 6:30 p.m. I got home around 5:30 p.m. & decided to take Lexi for a short walk before I left. We ended up walking down to the tennis courts & then took the long way back to our house; it was humid so she was dying by the time we got back to the house & in need of water. When I opened our storm door & turned the door knob it was locked. (!!) I couldn't believe I had locked us out; I didn't even think about taking my keys because the walk was going to be short. After a few seconds of trying to figure out what the hell I was going to do, Lexi started scratching at the door like, "come on Mom let me in, I'm thirsty!" Poor thing. So I went next door to our neighbors & told Laura that I had locked myself out; I asked her if she had a bobby pin that I could use to try & pick the lock. Haha. Yeah, like that was going to work. But I had to try & do something because Dan wasn't going to be getting home until at least 10:00 p.m. After several minutes of trying to pick the lock & having no success, Laura talked to her husband, Evan, & came up with the idea of him using his ladder to climb in through one of the windows on the second floor. Thankfully I had left one of our bedroom windows unlocked. Here is a photo that Laura took of the two of us: If it weren't for our sweet neighbors Lexi & I would have been walking/waiting around for hours until Dan got home. I don't know what I would've done without them. Thank you so much for your help, you guys are life savers. I owe you big time. :o)

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails