Friday, April 16, 2010

New Job Update

I thought after my last post, "Catch Up Time" that I would be able to keep up with my posts but unfortunately that has not happened since I started my new job on Monday the 12th. It has been busy, busy around our house. Dan has barely been home with his baseball schedule this week; I have only gotten to see him 1 night & that's because his game got canceled. Usually by the time he gets home I'm already in bed & completely incoherent so our visiting & "how was your day" conversation has been put on the back burner. I was finally able to tell him about my first day at my new job on Tuesday night; I'm hoping this schedule does not carry over into next week. :o(

So getting back to the new job...on Monday I met everyone & was given the tour around the office. I was then showed how to use their computers/programs, etc. That took up the entire day because this Firm has so many rules/protocol for opening new cases, etc. As I have said numerous times this week, "this place runs like a well oiled machine" & its completely true. I have never been in an office that is so organized & team oriented. Its definitely refreshing considering I came from an office that was horrible with organization & that was because of my old boss. So by the time 5:00 p.m. rolled around on Monday I had a small headache, after I got home it was a borderline mirgraine; completely light & sound sensitive. I ended up not eating any dinner & going to bed at 7:00 p.m. Just miserable. I even woke up at 3:30 a.m. & the headache was still there but thankfully by 6:00 a.m. it was completely gone.
Tuesday was learning more about office procedure; Wednesday I went to the courthouse to do some filings & picking up orders that the attorneys needed - I really enjoyed doing that & getting familiar with the different courts. Because it was Angie's last day, we closed the office from 12 to 2 so we could have a going away luncheon at P.F. Changs. I had such a great time visiting with everyone. By 4:00 p.m. I started stressing because I was going to be on my own on Thursday. When I left the office on Wednesday I took home some procedure manuals & my notes so that I could study them before Thursday. Now these manuals are not just a small packet to look over, they are several hundred pages! Lots & lots of reading. By Thursday morning I was feeling confident & my nerves were gone. The day went by smoothly without any problems & today went well also. Before I left for the weekend, my office manager, Nancy, told me that she has been receiving very positive feedback from everyone in the office & they think I am doing a great job. I was so happy to hear that. I am looking forward to Monday & starting a full week of work on my own.

Happy Friday everyone & enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails