Friday, April 9, 2010

Catch Up Time

I have been so busy the last week that I haven't had time to post anything that has been going on; I thought I'd use this time to get caught up.

Dan had a great time in Myrtle Beach over spring break & absolutely loves it now that his buddy, Greg, is the head coach. Dan is the assistant & coaches the pitchers which he has been wanting to do since he starting coaching baseball at Herndon High School. Seeing him so happy doing what he's doing makes me happy so it makes me less annoyed when I see him maybe 2 times during the week due to games/practice/lessons. I have been to 3 games so far this season & that is a huge improvement from last year; I am to the point where I enjoy myself while I'm there & I'm not miserable like times before. I am definitely stepping up my wifely duties.
On Saturday, April 3 Dan & I had tickets to the Red Sox v. Nationals game at Nats stadium which we were pretty excited about. I had got Dan the tickets over Christmas so we have been waiting a while to go. The weather was absolutely beautiful & we had such a great time. After we parked we went to The Bullpen & hung out for a little while before we went into the stadium. They had a live band, beer & snack food so Dan & I just ended up getting beer. We then made our way into the stadium in time for batting practice which Dan loves to watch. After we grabbed some dinner, we made our way to our seats which were in the Stars & Stripes Conference Center. As we were walking through the door Dan had said, "we must be in the wrong place, our seats can't be in here". I was holding the tickets so he had no idea where we were sitting. We had access to the fancy bathrooms that they had there because of where our seats were. When we finally sat down Dan said, "wow babe, these are great seats!" I was so glad that he liked them. :o) Here are some photos from our day at the park:
(Right after we walked into the park)
(Dan watching batting practice)

(In our seats)

On Easter Sunday we drove up to Dan's parents house in WV with his Granny Bernie in tow. Dan's Dad had an Easter egg hunt set up in the basement for all the kiddos which was so fun to watch. Here's JT searching for eggs with his spiked hairdo like his Daddy: (He looked so cute in his Easter suit)
(He was later changed into more casual clothes after the hunt so he could play outside)
The weather was so nice so we spent most of the time outside on the deck after we ate lunch/dinner. We had a lot of fun visiting with Dan's family; it felt like it had been forever since the last time we were there. Lexi had a great time also running around the property with no leash on. She did so well playing with Sierra, Dan's parents dog. They always play well together; just like Lexi & Emma, my parents dog.
As most of you know, this week was my last week at O'Connor & Vaughn, LLC & I have to say it was an exhausting 4 days. I got everything caught up & made sure the calendar was up to date with reminders for trials/hearings to the end of the year. I wanted to leave the office knowing that there were no loose ends that my old boss could call me up & complain about. I didn't want to leave the office in the shape it was in when I first started working there which was a total disaster. There were so many problems & deadlines that were missed because of his old assistant. I am sure he will still find things to complain about now that I'm not there but at least my conscious is clear. I left the office on Thursday evening with my head held high, my overtime check in hand & my old office completely empty; it felt great. I can now look forward to starting my new job on Monday.
This weekend Lexi & I are up in PA visiting my family. I realized on our drive up this morning that I have not been home in 4 months! That is just way too long. I am so excited to be back in PA with my family & I am extremely excited to see my Grandmother who is also visiting from the state of Washington so I get to see her all weekend too. The only thing missing is my cute Hubby who had to stay home because of baseball games/practices. We wish you were here Lover!

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter & enjoyed spending time with family & friends. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails