Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sister-In-Law Fun

Saturday morning I drove up to WV to meet up with my sister-in-law, Aurie, to go to a purse party. I also got to see my two nieces Arden & Skylar. When I was doing some cleaning earlier this week I found a couple bracelets that I thought they would like so I packaged those up & I also found a pair of shoes that did't fit me anymore so I gave those to them too so they could practice wearing high heels. They were very cute, a black & silver studded pair of stilettos by BCBG. Arden instantly put them on & was walking around with them. They were slightly big but they still looked cute on her. After visiting for a bit & being licked to death by their Chihuahua, Chi Chi, Aurie & I left for the party. When we arrived they were still setting up the sunglasses & jewelry so we went around & looked at the bags that they had. They had some cute stuff but instead of being designer they were designer "inspired". Their prices were reasonable but I really didn't find an actual bag that I had to have. I ended up leaving with a clutch that was one of the cutest ones there. Here's a photo:
The orange on the inside is super bright which I love for summer.
I'm glad I made the trip up for the party because it was fun hanging out with Aurie & having some girl time. When we got back to the house, I went over to my other sister-in-law's house, Kristen, to visit with her & my nephew Jackson. We got to sit & visit for a bit because Jackson was still sleeping when I got there. When he finally woke up he was in such a good mood & very smiley. When I picked him up for a kiss he instantly got distracted by my necklace, like always, but it was so good to see him & he's grown so much since Easter. :o( I told him before I left that he couldn't grow anymore & he needs to stay little.

When I got back home Dan & I went out to Don Pablo's for dinner & then went over to a bar called the Mahalo Cove in Sterling. We stayed for a while, had some drinks & watched the Pens game. We had a lot of fun just sitting & talking. :o)

I got up this morning with the plan of giving blood because I was a few days past my appointment date. Its been so busy with starting my new job that I just haven't had time to make it over there. I got there around 3:30 p.m. & after I filled out the standard form, one of the girls took me back to go through my answers. Like last time, I checked the box that asked me if I've ever had cancer & beside it I wrote "skin cancer". She asked me what type of cancer I had & I told her melanoma back in 2005. She pulled out a binder & showed me that anyone with melanoma, lymphoma, etc. are on the permanent deferred list of giving blood. This surprised me because I had just given blood several weeks ago & still had my reminder that Amanda, the other girl that helped me, gave me. The girl noticed that it was Amanda that took my blood last time & informed me that she was no longer with their company; in so many words she stated that I wasn't the first time a mistake like that happened when Amanda was working. I felt terrible. I wish I would've known that I was unable to give the first time. :o( Now I'm going to have to start from scratch to get that warm, fuzzy feeling again.

1 comment:

  1. D-so sorry about the deferred list for giving blood. :-( That's really boo!

    Glad you got some family time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails