Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Baby Shower....Awwwww

This past Saturday was my sister-in-law's baby shower at our house. My Mom drove down Friday morning & hung out at our house until I got off work. Since I just started my new job I didn't want to ask if I could have the day off or ask if I could leave early. Thankfully my Mom was able to entertain herself & even made a trip over to Wegman's. By the time I got home she had dinner on the table. :o) She's so sweet. We had taco salads & since Dan went golfing at the last minute on Friday afternoon it was just Mom & I. We ended up waiting for Dan to get home & then drove around to do some errands for Saturday's event. We had a lot of baking & decorating to do Friday night & after it was all said & done it was 12:00 a.m. by the time we crawled upstairs to go to sleep. On Saturday morning I still had to pick up the little things that had to wait until the day of, i.e. balloons. My Mom stayed home & started making her famous potato salad - Dan was very excited that she was making it & we were even able to stash a tupperware in the back of the fridge so he could have some after the shower was over.

Around 1:00 everyone started arriving; we had about 13 people in our house. Everyone survived even though it was a tight squeeze. Kristen was very appreciative & had a great time. Our first game of the day was the pacifier necklace game. Here's how it works, everyone wears a necklace & the rules are no one can cross their legs, their arms, they can't say the word baby & they can't say Rylee (the baby's name). Now most of the people in attendance at the shower were my in-laws & they took this game very seriously; some arguing was involved but it was smoothed over at the end. Our second game was a large baby bottle filled with different types of candy; everyone had to write down how many pieces they thought were in the bottle & whoever came closest without going over won a prize. Our third game was a diaper memory game involving different baby stickers that were placed inside cloth diapers & then passed around; everyone had to try & remember what order the stickers were in & at the end of the game they had to write down how many they could remember. This game was a bust because everyone was complaining that they couldn't remember the first 2 & come to find out there were so many ties that we just had to end up picking a number between 1 & 100 & having them guess. The winner of game 1 was Granny Bernie; game 2 was Skylar (my niece) & game 3 was Arden (also my niece).

Now its time for the photos...here are my favorites (Before everyone arrived)






(Dan picked this sleeper out for Rylee)
(We put together a little basket of things just for Mommy)
(The biggest gift we got for Rylee)
(This is a horrible picture of me but Kristen looks great - she definitely has the pregnancy glow)
(My Mom (not sure what happened to her smile), Me & Meta)
(Cheese!)
(Dan had the kids down in the basement & outside playing during the shower so after all the gifts were done he came up to hang out)

Some photos we took after everyone left...

The baby shower went very well & I'm so glad everyone enjoyed themselves. Thanks to everyone for coming & getting Kristen such cute baby stuff - I know she appreciated it. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails