Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Initiation

So yesterday I left work early so I could go to the doctor & they could check out my poison ivy. When I came in to the office this morning I turned my computer on & went around the office to complete my open checklist. When I came back I sat down & pulled my keyboard out to type, I put my hands on the keys & felt something squishy & kind of funny, I look down & find a black & purple spider - I instantly jump back in my chair & say, "what the?!?!" After I realized that it was fake I waited a second for my blood pressure to come down & went around the office trying to find out who put it there. After a few seconds I found out it was Lisa, one of the legal assistants, & I went back to her office & wrapped both of my hands around her neck trying to choke her as she was laughing hysterically. Apparently they do this little trick to all of the newcomers at the Firm; you either get the scary spider or a black rubber mouse. I told Lisa that I would have preferred the mouse. Obviously everyone thought this was hilarious, everyone except me. I told Lisa that she had to come up to my desk & take the spider because there was no way that I was touching it; before she moved it I took a photo with my cell phone: Blends in just perfectly right?
I will now be on the look out for black spiders & black mice because according to Adam, one of the attorneys in our office, he got the mouse several times when he started at the Firm. I'm crossing my fingers that it will only happen to me once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails