Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

On Wednesday last week Dan & I decided to go up to PA to visit my family since we had Monday off & I found out earlier that week that my office was closed on Friday due to the holiday weekend. (woo hoo!) I was very excited about that. Dan had to work half a day on Friday so we ended up leaving for PA around 1:30. We got just outside of Frostburg, on Route 68, & hit a huge storm that was passing through. We got hail, lighting, strong winds & because of all that we couldn't see 2 feet in front of our faces. We were driving 15 mph on the highway & everyone had their flashers on. Dan kept saying, "mother nature is literally pissing her pants!" He must have said it at least 100 times. It was funny the first time but after the 99th time, I had to tell him to shut up. Here is a video I took:
We had looked up the storm on Dan's blackberry &, of course, we were right inside the red area where the storm was going through. Thankfully it cleared up after a while & we made it to my parents house. Our first night there was laid back & we ended up cooking out because the weather was so nice. On Saturday my Dad & Dan decided to go golfing in the afternoon so my Mom, Ben & I drove up to Washington, PA & hit the outlets that they just built up there - they were pretty nice. I definitely did some damage to Dan & I's bank account because as soon as I found the Banana Republic outlet store, it was all over. I must've spent 2 hours in there & tried on so many clothes. I eventually settled on several work outfits & a few hundred dollars later, I finally left the store. After my shopping spree, I instantly felt buyers remorse & had to call Dan to tell him what happened & ask if he thought I should take any of it back. He calmed me down & I ended up keeping everything. After an eventful day at the outlets, we met my Dad & Dan at a mexican restaurant that my Mom & I use to go to all the time when I still lived in PA after our shopping trips. We had some great food & I totally think if they had a restaurant down here in VA we wouldn't be eating at Don Pablo's anymore.
On Sunday my Mom & I ran some errands & bought a few things for the baby shower that I'm throwing for my sister-in-law Kristen next weekend. Photos will definitely follow. :o)
On Monday my Dad & Dan decided to get up early & go golfing, again. While they were out I decided to give my Mom a pedicure because she had been wanting to try out her new black nail polish. Yes, I said black. I was hesitant at first because that's totally out of character for my Mom but after 2 coats, it looked great! I never should've doubted her because she usually has very good taste. After several coats, I talked her into letting me paint a flower on one of her toes & it turned out so cute. Here are the photos: After my Mom's toes turned out so cute she decided to give me polka dots: We had fun painting our toes & catching up on girl talk. I miss those times with my Mom & wish she lived closer; having girl talk on the phone is definitely not the same as having it in person. Shortly after that we drove back home to VA. We had a fun weekend with my family & can't wait to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails