Saturday, November 20, 2010

Staff Appreciation Week

Yes, I said Staff Appreciation WEEK. I found out about a month after I started working at DLF that they do this every year & it was last week. So here's what we got...

During our Monday morning meeting Nancy passed out flyers that showed the schedule:

Monday was our staff luncheon which was at Ozzie's in Fairfax Corner. We closed the office from Noon to 2:00 p.m. & carpooled over. Since they didn't have enough space to accommodate us all at one table, the assistants/secretaries sat together - Leesie, Cami, Sandra Lue, Katie & myself. At a large booth across from us sat the attorneys & office administrators - David, Adam, Peter, Alanna, Nancy & Anne. We all ordered salads to start off, I opted for the caeser salad & got their cheese burger for my entree (yes, I ordered a cheese burger at an Italian restaurant; believe me I got crap for it, but nothing else sounded good at the time). We, of course, ordered dessert. We got 2 & shared: the pecan cheesecake & chocolate waffle. They were both so yummy. I had promised myself before leaving for the luncheon that I was not going to stuff my face until I was so full that I couldn't move, unfortunately, that did not happen & I felt sick the rest of the afternoon. :o(

Tuesday we received a gift card to Wegman's for $25.00. For those of you that do not live in the Northern Virginia area, it is the best grocery store I have ever been to.

Wednesday we received another gift card but this one was to the Fair Oaks Mall for $30.00. The mall is just down the street from our office building. The chance to shop is always a great gift. :o)

Thursday was chair massages from Melissa Brooks of SpartaWorks in Gainesville, MD. She came to our office & set up in one of our conference rooms & we each got a 15 minute chair massage. She does more of the Thai style which incorporates a lot of stretching. I have never had a chair massage but I really liked it & I was so sore from taking a BodyCombat class that Monday so she really worked out a lot of my soreness. She gave me her business card afterwards & I found out that she was booked 2 months out so she is extremely busy. The Thai massage is something I know Dan would love because he would never go to get an aromatherapy or hot stone massage - this is more for athletes.

Friday we were given gifts from David & Nancy who got back from Italy a few weeks before our Staff Appreciation Week. They brought all the girls back leather purses & here is a photo of the one that I got: That was so sweet of them & the smell of the leather is wonderful. :o)
After work last Friday, Sandra Lue & I decided to spend our Fair Oaks Mall gift card & meet the guys (Santiago & Dan) for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory which was inside the mall. I got some cute lip glosses & eye shadow at Victoria's Secret & also bought a set of makeup brushes at Sephora. Dinner was great & here's a photo that I asked our server to take: I love them.

So last week was great & we felt very appreciated. I even told Nancy that I was feeling very spoiled & she replied with, "well good, that's the whole point." During our week of pampering, I also had my 6 month review on the 10th. First I would like to say that it is so nice to have a review that is automatically scheduled. At my last office I would have to schedule it myself & then it would be pushed back because my old boss would tell me that something came up & I would need to reschedule; he would schedule a meeting during that time & it would be pushed back again; he was too busy to have my review that day & it would be rescheduled again. Needless to say, I wouldn't get my review until several months after the actual due date. So my review went very well & I got some great feedback from the group that I met with. I even got a little extra something a year if you know what I mean. :o) Have I mentioned recently that I love my job?

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails