Saturday, November 13, 2010

Updates: School, Phoebe, Shoes!, Etc.

I haven't posted in a while & that's because things have been so busy lately & I just haven't had the time. Here are some updates...

School - Dan decided several months ago that he was going to go back to school & get his master's degree. He enrolled in an online 18 month program & passed his first class (with an A) & he is now taking his second class. I am extremely proud of him & even though he says he's "doing it for us," I know this degree will open doors for him in the future. I love you babe.

Phoebe - I have had my car for 5 months now & I have noticed a few things that I didn't mention in my last VW Love post. (1) I am in love with my heated seats. Now that the Fall weather is here, I love leaving for work in the morning & driving with them on. I rarely turn the heater on anymore; I just sit there & enjoy my commute with my back, butt & thighs all nice & toasty. (2) Fellow Beetle drivers wave at other Beetle drivers. Each time I have encountered another Beetle while driving they have waved or said hi to me & I have actually kept this going now that I have Phoebe. (3) Beetles flock together. The last couple times that I have gone to Wegman's, Target, etc. I have walked out of the store & found another Beetle parked by me. This was taken one night outside of Target. Can you tell which one is Phoebe? :o)

Shoes! - Earlier this week Dan & I went to Dick's & bought me some new running shoes. Since my previous running shoes were falling apart & at least 2 years old, I was in dire need. While we were there, Dan had me try on a similar pair that he purchased a few weeks earlier but I wasn't too thrilled about because they only came in blues & greens (so not girlie). While we were looking around, I spotted a pink pair of Asics; as I was reaching for them Dan commented, "of course you would pick the most expensive shoes here." What can I say, I have expensive taste. I fell in love with them as soon as I tried them on & even did a little running action around the store. As we were approaching the cashier, Dan said, "you know I was in here a few weeks ago & tried on the most expensive shoes but decided against it because I felt bad spending that much money on myself, but you are showing no remorse whatsoever." LOL. :o) Here is a photo of my new shoes: Super cute, right? And they are sooo comfy.

Herndon Homecoming - I had planned on writing a separate post for the Homecoming game but since the coaches are going to erase this year's season from the record books, I decided to just share the pics I took from that day. Herndon's new turf field.
Arden & Skylar playing their own game of football.
Dan doing his thing.
JT with Aunt Kelly.

Sprained Ankle - Unfortunately, I am still having problems with my ankle. I definitely started running too soon after my injury. I decided to take last week off but still do cardio to keep my endurance up, i.e. biking, ellyptical, walking, etc. I tried a 20 minute run last week & did pretty well. I had no ankle pain, just some stiffness. When I got home & took my shoe off it was like I had a golf ball on the side of my ankle. Dan yelled at me & I soaked it in an Epsom salt bath before going to bed & keeping it elevated. It was still sore the next day so I have decided to do mostly cross training & then do a 30 minute run once a week until the Turkey Trot 5K Race is over. I then plan to go to the doctor & get it checked out.

GEICO Commercial - If you have not seen this you are really missing out. I saw it last week for the first time & I was laughing so hard I was crying. I think it is hysterical:

LOL! Those windmills are just too funny. I love it!

Lexi - Our little stink turned 4 on November 8th. Since Dan & I went & partied our butts off in D.C. that weekend, I was still recovering & wasn't able to make her a birthday cake. :o( I plan on baking it this weekend so her birthday post will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails