Sunday, November 20, 2011

Are We Nuts?!

If you recall, last month I posted on our blog a post titled Bummed, which was basically 3 activities that I wanted to do/try in order to get into something new & find another way to get in shape & to stay in shape - all 3 of them fell through. Well, I have come up with something else now (I should say Dan did because it was his idea).....a half marathon. Last Wednesday Dan & I signed up for the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach on March 17 & 18, 2012 - thre's no backing out now! There are 4 events taking place that weekend: (1) The Marathon; (2) Anthem 1/2 Marathon; (3) Townebank 8k; & (4) Operation Smile Final Mile. The training program that we found is as follows: And I'm looking forward to training with Dan. Due to our different schedules I'm sure we'll only be able to run with each other once a week, but I'll take it. I'm telling myself that I can do anything I put my mind to; that failure & quitting is not an option & I'm putting my faith in the training program to allow me to finish strong. I'm looking forward to the challenge & trying something I've never done before; I'm not looking to blow everyone else out of the water with a great finish time, but I do want to finish with a decent time. Dan's looking to beat his past run times & to finish better than just decent, so you can guarantee that we won't be running side by side on race day. So to answer my question above - "are we nuts?!" We might just be, but at least we're nuts together. =]
I'm sure Dan & I will be saying this to each other a lot when we arrive on race day & see our competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails