Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Sweet Gesture

After my co-worker/friend, Lisa, gave The DLF her notice, I was offered her position assisting the senior partner of our Firm & our new associate. After taking a weekend to think it over, I accepted the position & Monday, November 21st was my first day assisting my 2 new attorneys. Thankfully, it was only a 2 day work week because of the Thanksgiving holiday, but those 2 days turned out to be the most hectic & crazy days at the office because we were short staffed. I was definitely thankful for my 5 days off after that. =]
Anyway, on Monday morning I arrived in my new office, Lisa's old one, & found these waiting on my desk for me: They were from the senior partner, David & they came with a very nice note. When I said, thank you for the flowers & asked him if he was trying to butter me up; David's response was: "of course I am."

I'm looking forward to this new challenge in my career & am excited to learn more; after all, knowledge is power. I've been told before that David is one of the best teachers & based on my past experiences covering for him while Lisa was out - I understand where that came from.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails