Sunday, January 13, 2013

War Wounds

Now that I've been doing Crossfit for 4 months, I thought I would post some pics of my war wounds along the way. My Mom's not going to be excited about these photos, but if you look at them the way that I do - as battle scars from workouts that I've completed & made it through & am now that much stronger. I've also fully healed from all of these bumps & bruises....here we go:

 
My first blister from pull ups - I got this in my first month; this was before I started wearing gloves. I've been able to spare my hands since then (knock on wood).
 
 
Popped blood vessels around my eyes from handstand push ups. I realized a few weeks later that GHD sit ups can also cause this to happen. These are due to holding my breathe & not breathing properly through the movement - I've gotten much better at making it a point to control my breathing. I'm proud to say that at the end of my last GHD sit ups I was blood vessel free. =) My coach also didn't have to yell, "Breathe Dani, breathe!" I graduated to "Lookin' good Dani, lookin' good."
 

Jumping muscle ups. This was caused by the fabric straps holding the rings & scraping/rubbing up & down my arm each time I muscled up. I didn't realize this was happening until after the fact.

 
My right thigh after trying to find my 1 rep max on hang cleans. This is caused from the bar hitting my upper thighs & popping the weight back up using my hips. This was the biggest bruise that I've had so far; it was black & blue for a week once the redness disappeared. I was also successful at hiding it from Dan for 2 days - after those 2 days I got yelled at. On the plus side, my 1 rep max on hang cleans was 125 lbs.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails