Monday, March 29, 2010

Girls Weekend

As you know, Dan is still in Myrtle Beach with the baseball team so Lexi & I have been on our own. On Friday night we stayed in & I got caught up on some laundry & then we watched Twilight; it was such crappy weather out I didn't feel like going anywhere. When we woke up on Saturday morning it was sunny & clear skies so my idea of taking a trip over to the Reston Town Center was able to work out after all. After we got cleaned up & I called my Mom to wish her a Happy Birthday :o), we drove over to Reston. It was a little chilly but not cold enough to make you miserable. We got there around Noon & as I was taking Lexi out of her car seat a small family with 2 little kids were walking to their car & spotted us. The little girl said, "look Mom, look at the froo froo dog". We all started laughing & they wanted to come over & pet her & see her car seat. Once we got into the Town Center there were other people out walking their dogs so we got to be social. Smaller dogs Lexi is alright with, the larger dogs are a different story; she would bark & show her teeth if they got close to her so I had to keep my distance. We ran into the most beautiful Goldendoodle named Goldie & the owners also had a Jack Russell Terrier named Reagan (super hyper). Goldie was so sweet & laid back but of course Lexi couldn't stop trying to rip her face off so our social visit with them was cut short. We then ran into a Havanese named Izzybee. Yes, I said Izzybee. Very odd. Her owner would not stop saying her name either, I got to the point where if I heard the owner say Izzybee one more time I was going to have to smack her. She also felt the need to point out exactly where she lived & exactly where she worked which was right across the street from the Town Center. Thank goodness I was able to slip away while she was distracted by some labs that were walking by.
The little park that they have at the Town Center is very nice & they had the fountains going while we were there, here's a photo: When the fountain would come on Lexi would tilt her head from side to side like what is that? It was pretty funny. While we sat at the little park Lex rolled around in the grass & I gave her a rub down while we sat in the sun; it was very relaxing. Here's a photo of her watching the fountain: We continued our walk around the second half of the Town Center & decided to take another break by the big fountain at the entrance, it was so pretty & just the sound of the water was so calming:
Lex was a big hit with the kiddos & did very well while they would run up to her & pet her. She even gave a little girl a kiss on the face. So sweet. After we got home our groomer, Jon, came to the house to cut Lexi. As he was taking her out to the van he was talking to her saying, "hi Lexi, how have you been? Have you had a good week?" It was pretty funny.
After Lexi's haircut I went & did a little shoe shopping & grocery shopping. :o) DSW was having a HUGE sale & I got the cutest Steve Madden stiletto heels; I'll post a photo when I get a chance. They are super cute. I was very excited that I found them in my size. I was able to restrain myself from only purchasing 1 pair of shoes but it was extremely difficult. Saturday night Lexi & I watched New Moon, yes it was an Edward Cullen kind of weekend.
Sunday was a total drag because I got called into work at 9:30 a.m. & I didn't get home until 7:30 p.m.(!) Can you believe that? I don't even know what to say. I was completely miserable, starving & exhausted by the time I got home. I just keep telling myself 2 more weeks, only 2 more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails