Saturday, July 3, 2010

Arden & Skylar: In The Spotlight

Last Sunday, Dan & I drove up to WV to watch our nieces, Arden & Skylar, dance in their recital. Arden had invited us last Friday & we just couldn't say no to her. We ended up taking 2 cars because Dan had already made plans to spend the night at his parents house because him & his Dad were playing in a golf tournament that Monday morning. The recital started at 2:00 p.m. & we got there just in time to see everyone take the stage. There were so many dance numbers that they were going to do & I was so proud of Dan because he complained only once after he realized that the recital lasted for 3 hours. Now, of course, Arden & Skylar weren't in every dance number because there were age groups from first year dancers, toddlers, all the way up to seniors in high school. Arden's first dance was to Adam Sandlers - Lunch Lady Land song which was hysterical. Here's a photo I took but it didn't turn out too great because of the constant moving: (Arden is the one on the far right.)
Skylar's dance was called "Little Women" & she was one of the ones dressed in all purple: (Skylar is on the right, third one in with the big cheesie smile.)
Here are a few more I took:

One of the cutest dances was the first year toddlers group that were dressed in polka dots & danced to a song called Gummi Bear; here is the video if you've never heard the song:


(Aren't they adorable?!)
They also danced to Justin Bieber's song - Baby:
(Dan & I were singing along to Justin Bieber :o))

(The little girl to the left of the senior dancer was really getting into it - so cute!)
Arden's second dance was called "Shadow" & she was dressed in a head to toe black jumpsuit. Here's a photo I stole from my sister-in-law, Aurie's, Facebook page because none of mine turned out: (You rock girlfriend!)

During the intermission Arden came & got me out of my seat to take me back to her dressing room. She introduced me to her friends & their Moms that were there helping them. It was very sweet that she wanted me to see all of her things & where she gets dressed & ready to go on stage. She gave me lots of hugs & held my hand the entire time I was back there; she was so excited that Dan & I were able to come & that made it more enjoyable for me. I got to stay back with her while she got ready for her tap dance & ended up refreshing her make up before she went back on stage. Her tap dance was one of my favorites:
Dan & I weren't able to stay for the entire thing so after the tap dance we left & I drove back home. It was great to be able to see Arden & Skylar in action. They did such a great job & we were so proud of them. We love you girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails