Saturday, March 5, 2011

Compliment

Last Saturday Dan & I went to Gold's Gym to get a workout in. I made my way to the treadmills & started my run. About 20 minutes into my workout I felt a tap on my shoulder; I pressed pause & when I turned to my right I saw a petite, blonde woman probably in her mid to late 30's. I pulled my headphones off & our conversation went like this:

Me: Yes, ma'am?
Woman: I'm sorry to interrupt your workout but I had to tell you that you have a beautiful back! (smiling).
Me: Oh, thank you (awkward smile).
Woman: It is so muscular & since you can't see it while you're running, I just thought I'd tell you.
Me: Well thank you, that is very sweet.
Woman: I'm not gay or anything - not that there is anything wrong with that, but I'm not (laughing).
Me: Of course, you're just giving me a nice compliment.
Woman: Exactly (smiling). Well have a great workout!
Me: Thanks, you too (smiling).

After I put my headphones back on & continued with my run, I felt a little odd about what just happened but then I realized that it was such a nice compliment & it made me feel good. I thought it was strange that she would interrupt someone who was not that approachable since I was wearing headphones & running, but I'm glad she did. It makes me feel good to get compliments. I always make sure that when I see someone wearing a pair of amazing shoes, a cute outfit or carrying a super cute bag, I always try to say something to them. So keep this in mind the next time you pass someone wearing, carrying or having something you like, tell them...it always makes someone feel good. :o)

1 comment:

  1. I can live for a week on a good compliment! Once when I was at the gym (pre-baby days), a man came up to me while I was on the elliptical and told me I looked like some tennis star...i can't remember her name. It made my day!
    Oh and you do have a beautiful back!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails