Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sickness

I started coming down with a sore throat last Sunday & by the time I had woken up on Monday morning for work, it was in full swing & making me completely miserable. I decided to suck it up & go to work anyway. By the time I got home that night I was exhausted & went to bed at 7:00 p.m. Unfortunately, that routine continued for 4 days & I didn't get to actually see Dan until Thursday evening. He had even commented earlier in the week, "well I guess I'll see you Saturday," which of course made me laugh. We haven't had a week like this in quite a while & I must say that I hate it. Thankfully those weeks are very few & far inbetween but when you're married to a coach/field maintenance manager/pitching lessons provider/part-time Master's student/magnet for covering school activities, etc. it sort of comes with the territory. Anyway...Wednesday was definitely my worst day out of the week; I still don't know how I made it into work that day. I did get a surprise from my co-worker/friend, Sandra Lue. She brought me in a box of Puffs Plus with Vicks & a bag of Halls strawberry cough drops. Awww, isn't she sweet? I had fallen in love with her Puffs with Vicks earlier in the week so she decided to buy me my own box, probably because I was hoarding hers. I must recommend them though...they are fabulous! I didn't even know they existed & I am never going back to regular kleenex when I have a cold. After having to blow my nose approximately 100 times a day in order to breathe normally, my nose was on FIRE, constantly burning & I also had that very attractive bright red, soreness tint to it; not to mention the wonderful nose dripping effect any time I would look down, bend down or turn my head around too fast.

I am very pleased to say that I do feel better & my sore throat is completely gone. I'm still having some sinus issues but I'm hoping they will clear out by Monday morning. I will now end this post by repeating what I have told my co-workers several times, "if I get sick one more time I'm gonna be pissed..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails