Saturday, March 12, 2011

Don Pablo's Disappointment

As you already know, Dan & I are obsessed (to put it mildly) with Don Pablo's; we go at least once a week. For a while we were ordering the same thing, chicken quesadillas & to quote my co-worker/friend, Lisa, they are "yummy deliciousness." When we went last night, I decided to change it up & order their enchilladas. I had never had theirs before but I had eaten Uncle Julio's enchilladas, many times before, & they were amazing. Dan stuck with the norm & he was smart for doing so. When my plate came out it was one of those bittersweet moments; I was so happy that our food had came because I was starving but once I took a look at the plate I heard myself say, "oh man..." It looked nothing like Uncle Julio's enchilladas & why would they, they're Don Pablo's - not Uncle Julio's. I took two bites & was finished - it was not good. Dan had even taken a bite & he didn't like it. After my two bites, my appetite was gone. When Dan & I got home I started feeling an acid attack coming on so I took one of my pills. Unfortunately, my tummy decided to take over & the next thing I know I'm in a full on acid attack, which honestly hasn't happened in a very long time. I tried all of my tricks from the past but nothing worked. Once it comes to that point it's basically time to suffer & wait it out.....so here I am at 3:30 a.m. on Saturday morning catching up on my posts & drinking my slightly warm glass of milk. :o( Thankfully this happened on a weekend & I'm not having to be up at all hours of the night & then go to work in the morning. Yes, I'm looking on the bright side of things so I can keep my sleep deprived frustration to a minimum. Don Pablo's - YOU SUCK!

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh that sounds awful! What happens when you have an acid attack?
    Sorr you were sick last week too. What a way to end the week, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails