Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Missing Phoebe

On Tuesday morning, before work, I dropped Phoebe off at Chantilly Auto Body so she could get a boo boo fixed. Last month, during the horrible wind storms we had, our sweet neighbors were loading their son into his carseat & the wind took their door & pushed it into Phoebe's passenger side, causing a dent & a scratch. The whole thing was a total accident & after some conversations with the insurance company, an estimate & a second opinion later, Phoebe is finally getting fixed. I am currently driving a rental car from Enterprise & I was hoping that they would give me some kind of cool sports car to drive during the repair, but instead I got a KIA Forte...boo! Here are two photos I took with my cell phone:
Obviously, the car isn't bad at all but I was just hoping for something a little more sporty; they never give you what you want.
Today was my first drive into work with the rental & I'm totally missing Phoebe. I get so excited when I get to drive my car because it's just so cute & fun to drive. I miss my seat warmers, my bright pink (fake) flowers that sit in my vase next to my steering wheel & my tiny ass trunk. As I have said before, fellow Beetle drivers are extremely friendly & I feel like I have a connection with them because Beetle's aren't that common of a car, they're not like a Toyota Camry for instance or BMWs in Virginia. While I was waiting at a stop light this morning, a bright blue Beetle pulled up beside me. I instantly smiled & looked at the driver, waiting for that friendl smile/wave; when she saw me she gave me the weirdest look almost saying, "who is this strange woman & why is she grinning at me???" I realized what I was doing & remembered that I was in the rental & had no "connection" whatsoever with this bright blue Beetle. Thankfully the light turned green & I was able to escape my embarrassment. :o(
When I dropped Phoebe off I was told that they estimated a 5 day repair time period. I've been told by several people that waiting for paint to dry on a car can take f-o-r-e-v-e-r. I'm counting down the days until I get to pick Phoebe up. For now, I'm satisfied that I have A car to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails