Tuesday, March 29, 2011

SURPRISE Visit

Last week I had coordinated with my Dad a surprise visit to PA for my Mom's birthday; I had taken Monday off from work so I wouldn't have to leave on Sunday afternoon (her actual birthday) & I'm so glad I was able to swing it.

Lexi & I left after I got home from work on Friday night, a little after 6 p.m. Dan was unable to come with us due to baseball practice, lessons/clinicals & school on Monday. We would've loved to have him with us but during baseball season, that's just not possible. During our drive I was anticipating a TON of traffic but surprisingly I didn't hit one ounce of traffic & we made great time. We got to my parents house at 10 p.m. & my Dad met us outside. I let Lexi go into the house first & I heard them yell, "Winker?!"; then I made my way into Ben's room to say, "surprise!" The look on their faces were hysterical & well worth the trip. We didn't get to bed until after midnight because we were visiting & catching up. I was surprised when I realized that I hadn't been home since Christmas & I instantly felt guilty. That's just too long. I used to plan a trip up there once a month; I need to get back on that mindset.

On Saturday my Dad's baseball team had a double header at Bethany College in WV, so we planned on heading up there for a few hours to watch them play. We had some nice, sunny weather that day but the breeze was a bit too chilly for Ben to be sitting outside for several hours. Thankfully, Bethany has a baseball field that makes it easy for you to park your car & watch the game from the parking lot. It was perfect for Ben because he was able to go but not get too cold.

On my Mom's birthday (Sunday), we made plans to go to Morgantown & eat at the Olive Garden for a late lunch/early dinner. Earlier that day she opened her gifts from us. My Dad bought her a gift bag full of new workout clothes, with a little help from me. :o) Dan & I got her a gift card & I also wanted to take her to lunch for a little girl time but unfortunately it didn't work out so we are taking a raincheck. When we got back to the house we rented the movie How Do You Know? on pay per view. Here is the movie poster to help you refresh your memory: My Mom had been wanting to see it & I'm always in the mood for a chick flick. The movie was alright, there were a lot of parts that could've been cut out because it was 2 1/2 hours long; it was entertaining nonetheless.

On Monday we hung around the house & ate lunch together before Lexi & I left to go home. We had a nice, relaxing, fun weekend & I'm so glad I was able to celebrate with her. We hope you enjoyed your day & had a Happy Birthday, Mom! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails