Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Arden's 13th Birthday

The weekend that we got home from Jamaica we had Arden’s birthday party in West Virginia. It was such a beautiful day & I’m glad we were able to go up & celebrate with her. She had a pool party & crab/shrimp feast at her house. Since Dan was still nursing his sunburn from Jamaica we didn’t swim but we did stuff our faces with seafood. =)
Shortly after everyone ate it was time to open presents. When I found out that we were able to attend the party, I went over to DSW to pick out a pair of heels from Dan & I. At that time I hadn’t decided on a style yet, but I figured I would take a look around & most likely find something. I never have a problem finding something I like at DSW. So, I walked down 3 isles & spotted them:
 

They're by Guess & yes, they do have a heel but it’s only about 2 inches & I cleared it with her father first. Arden now wears the same shoe size as I do (8!!). She was super excited when she opened them & yelled, “They are so cute!” & proceeded to slip them on. I’m so glad she liked them.

After presents we were treated with Hunger Game cupcakes made by Arden’s Aunt Tina:

I was lucky enough to try Tina's cupcakes at Skylar's birthday party & my taste buds have never been the same. I had her chocolate cupcake with peanut butter frosting & it was the best cupcake I have ever tasted. My mouth is watering just thinking about them!

Before we left to go back home I had Glenn, Arden's dad, take our picture with the birthday girl:

Throughout Arden's party she kept saying, "I am so excited to finally be 13!!" After the 5th time I heard her say this I asked her, "So what can you do now that you couldn't do when you were 12?" She said, "Say that I'm 13." =)

We love you, sweetie & we hope you had a very Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails