Sunday, July 22, 2012

Insanity - Week #1

So after my boot camp ended with Li, I talked Dan into starting the Insanity DVDs with me. He wasn’t too thrilled about the idea because he’d done Insanity for a few weeks with some of the coaches at the high school; every day he complained that it was “so freakin’ hard.” Since both of us have done P90X I wanted something else to get into since I was still on my workout high from the boot camp. Dan finally caved in & our first day was Wednesday, July 11th. Day 1 was the Plyometric Cardio Circuit DVD & for the warm up I was feeling pretty good – by the way, the warm up is pure torture; if I hadn’t done the boot camp I would’ve died much sooner. Dan was making some pretty funny comments about the people on the DVD, i.e. the videographer zoomed in on the whitest girl I have ever seen & Dan said, “Whoa, sun is free!” I couldn’t stop laughing. About mid-way through the exercise, during our 30 second water break, I looked at Dan & said, “Whose bright idea was this anyway??” He gave me that I’m going to kill you look & said, “You! This was your bright idea!” Again, couldn’t stop laughing. =) Out of the videos that we’ve done, so far, I’ve realized that the Pure Cardio & the Plyometric Cardio Circuit DVDs are the hardest – I get to that point where my body is so drained/fatigued that even though my mind is telling me that I can do it & not to stop, my body just doesn’t cooperate; I then get pissed.


Since football started earlier this week, Dan hasn’t been able to meet me after work to do the DVDs together; instead, he does them in the morning/early afternoon & then I do them after work. Most days I have my friend, Kateri, as my workout partner – it’s so much more fun to workout with a buddy. The last Insanity workout that Dan & I did together did get fun towards the end. We were doing plank runs & since it was the last circuit, we decided to face each other so we would have more motivation to not stop. Both of us were dying, sweating profusely & just all around pissy (OK well that was just me). We said things like, “Keep it up – don’t stop; you can do it; feel the burn.” Thankfully, we made it through & collapsed on the weight room floor. After the workouts I usually feel energized & proud of myself for completing one more DVD in the 60 day program. Most days after I leave work & I’m on my way to workout I get excited to do Insanity – I’m hoping that doesn’t go away but it’s still relatively new. I’m working my way towards that free t-shirt that beachbody.com gives out on their website here. I’ve already taken my before picture & once the 60 days are up I’ll take my results photo & send both of them into beachbody.com & they'll send me the t-shirt. We're now at the end of week #2 & I'm seeing some improvements in my cardio; I can't wait to see what 30 days will be like.


If you didn't know, now you know:
   

"Come on ya'll.....scgoooooooo!" - Sean T.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails