Sunday, July 8, 2012

Lawyers Have Heart 10k

Back on June 9th, the DLF crew ran in the Lawyers Have Heart 10k race. One of our associates brought the idea to the table & several of us thought it would be a lot of fun, including me. We also had the idea to get our spouses involved which made it even more fun. To the left is a photo of a few of us sporting the shirt that we all designed for the race. It says "Born to Run - Forced to Work - The DLF June 2012" In the middle is a picture of a heart wearing tennis shoes & a headband. =) The front was very simple with just a small heart on the left breast with our Firm name around it. There were a lot of firms that designed their own shirts & some of them were pretty good. Here are the ones that I really liked: "I may be slow but I'm ahead of you;" "The run is brief but internet results last forever;" "(insert firm name) has heart - do you?"   The race was pretty packed & even though we all tried to stay together at the start line it didn't actually happen. Here are some photos that our office manager & Dan took throughout the race:

Pre-race potty break.
  Pre-race announcements & pep talk.
And we're off! Love this picture!
Sandra, Santiago & their cute nephew, Jacob, participating in the 2 mile walk.

Unfortunately I was still recovering from the flu when I ran this race - I didn't do well at all. I had to stop 4 times to throw up & I felt so weak & fatigued - quite disappointing. Thankfully, our team had quite a few good runners, i.e., 3 avid marathoners & a high school student that runs track/cross-country. Our Firm placed 8th out of 34 "small firms" that participated. As you can see from above, Dan wasn't able to run because he hurt his knee a few days before the race. =/ It was a fun experience & I'm glad we were able to compete as a Firm; we've already talked about signing up again next year. Hopefully then everyone will be able to go & maybe then I'll be able to get a decent time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails