Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pinterest Inspired

A few months ago I was surfing through some boards on Pinterest & even though I only wanted to look for a few minutes my surfing lasted almost an hour...totally addicting! Anyway, I came across a pin that someone had made their own makeup brush holder:  
They actually used coffee beans which would also be a good freshener for a bathroom & for all of you coffee lovers, but since I'm not a big coffee fan I decided to go my own way:
Here's mine! I went with the crushed shells look for a little bit of shimmer. I absolutely love it. I bought the glass container at Michaels for $2.99 (I think it was in the candle section); the bag of crushed shells were $3.99. Not too shabby if you ask me! I had wanted to create this a lot sooner but just never took the time to do it. I finally got fed up with having to search for my brushes in my makeup bag one morning before work so I went on Sunday after boot camp class this weekend & purchased the materials. I don't own/use a lot of makeup brushes, but I figure that when my collection increases I'll just buy a larger glass container. It actually fits in my bathroom well & doesn't really draw too much attention:
Dan saw it after it was completed & he thought it was "pretty nifty." :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails